Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
A themed bedroom is often something desired but not quite obtained all the way through.Today we have chosen a navy themed bedroom to try and maintain this summer vibe a little bit longer. Navy tones and rope textures merged with coral and gold accents create the most wonderful composition for an elegant glamorous restful bedroom. We invite you to follow the next 9 steps and ideas on how to create such a wonderful ambiance in an easy fun manner and to leave your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
- Learn How To Create A Navy Themed Bedroom
- 1. The first step is to choose the right tones for your walls
- 2. lighting is the second most important element
- 3. Accents-utterly important and definitive for a complex design
- 4. If you want to go all the way choose appropriate navy bed covers
- 5. Accessories should complement the overall décor
- 6. curtains complete a design line
- 7. small decorations complete the picture
- 8. mirrors are a must as they enlarge the space
- 9. don’t forget even the smallest details
1. The first step is to choose the right tones for your walls
Tons of blues are available but try and get outside of the classical line and opt for strange unusual combinations of tones. We advise you to find a complementary pallet and to go with it through out all of your design line from walls to accessories. Gold accents are a classical pick but coral tones are also a wonderful option. Don’t forget to let certain details white so you don’t risk overwhelming the overall atmosphere.
2. lighting is the second most important element
Creating the right ambiance can be tricky but as we are talking here about the bedroom, a discreet illumination is appropriate. Gold lighting fixtures or introducing the texture of rope is a good example of correctly infusing the navy theme into your décor. Be careful not to overdue it and choose just one direction and go with it all the way. Such a piece can become an important focal point of the entire room so try and blend it in with the rest of the accessories properly and discretely.
3. Accents-utterly important and definitive for a complex design
Bright fresh colors add complexity and contrast to your navy décor, smoothing the tones and connecting everything. We love the turquoise and gold accent chair from below but we would also opt for coral accent which are so vibrant and bold. Limit yourself to one major furniture item and small accessories in order not to ruin the main navy theme.
Delicate white and blue bed covers are so elegant and sumptuous they would look wonderful in any interior design line. Notice that both a navy blue background and a white one look fresh and glamorous.
5. Accessories should complement the overall décor
Whether you go for blue and white prints on your pillows or you choose delicate contrasting ones, note that they will add complexity to your bedroom design.
6. curtains complete a design line
We highly recommend you to add curtains to your bedroom. Besides the obvious privacy aspect in the bedroom, curtains frame any window beautifully if used on the entire height of the wall. Tie them up with blue rope in theme with the entire décor. Go for white or natural toned fabrics that don’t suffocate the atmosphere.
7. small decorations complete the picture
Maps, lanterns and other marine themed items make the design line more complex and believable without turning it into something tacky. Be careful with the quantity and quality of the chosen accessories.
8. mirrors are a must as they enlarge the space
Navy blue and gold and curtains and rope, all of these elements might suffocate a tiny space and make it heavy. Add a beautiful mirror to give the illusion of a larger space and to add glamour as well.
9. don’t forget even the smallest details
If you are truly committed to obtaining an all blue navy themed bedroom be careful even to the smallest of details, it can make a difference.
Would you decorate one of your bedrooms in a navy theme? We would love to hear your thoughts on this subject so feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below.