I personally think that many of the items we purchase can be realized effortlessly in our shelters at a fraction of the price we would pay in malls today. Have you ever walked through the shelves of Anthropologie thinking how ridiculous the price of a few domestic items were? After all, the items resembling coziness and warmth have been inspired by uniquely manufactured items. Underneath 38 items shop Anthropologie items have suffered comparison with a few DIY Project Hacks made at home, with love and dedication.
We’ve found many of these items far better than the original, needless to say that they are far more personal and full obstance, being the result of an experience, a quality amount of time spent hopefully with the loved ones.
Home Decor DIY Project Hacks
1. Small Plywood Book Shelf
Packed with the 1st edition vintage books, the Anthro design costs no less than $1400. All you need is some plywood, clay and some paint beside tools to materialize this case that will shelter your own personal and full of substance selection of books in your home for far less than 1400 dollars.
You can find instructions here.
2. Cozy and Warm Coil Planters
These can be realized in multiple colors shapes and size and can double as utensil storage containers or mug clothing for your Christmas decor, especially in red and green!
More directions here.
3. Paper chandelier from scratch
By using a plain paper lantern and some cupcake liners you can have this beautiful chandelier in your home without having to spend $900.
4. DIY floral vases
The first copycat requires a cheap vase, paint, and some self-drying modeling clay.
You can make the other version from polymer clay and spray glaze.
5. Turn your glasses into fun confetti patterned ones
Old glasses and some acrylic paint and you’re set.Instructions here.
The second version is made with paint pens, easier to make and clean after.
6. Make your own ruffled curtains
By using basic cotton sheets,you can add a little drama to your windows for less than $20.
7. Add monagrams to your mugs
Although this tutorial requires lots of supplies,the results are very similar to the Anthropologie’s version.
8. Save $198 and sew a duvet cover
This tutorial explains how to turn a few basic sheets into a heavenly cloud.
9. Sew a quilted bedspread as well
Make a similar blanket from some basic jersey sheets. The sewing instructions here.
Directions here for the matching pillows.
10. Paint mason jars with chalkboard paint and turn them into spice jars.
11. Make a metallic pendant light fixture for your home
This version is made form a metallic bin and requires no effort at all to make it.
12. Sew a ruffled ombre shower curtain
Following these directions make a ombre ruffled shower curtain.
13. Make an unique tea up lamp for your desk
Using secondhand dishes and some supplies from the hardware store you can replicate the $198 version easily.
14. Make a collaged fabric decorative pillow
Using scrap fabric you can transform your regular pillows into a collage.
15. DIY candlesticks out of different trinkets
Out of thrifted items,which cost about $15 make your own candle sticks.
17. Give life to an old dresser
Turn an old tired dresser into a rustic dresser.
Clothing & Shoes
18. DIY half-lace, half-shirt top
Make this version by joining a stripped bottom with a lace top.
19. Add lace to a plain dress
Make an old dress pop with some simple lace.
20. Add ruffles to a simple top
This tutorial explains how to make a ruffled top easily.
21. Add polka dots to an old pair of jeans
Use fabric paint to add polka dots to an old pair of jeans to bring them to life.
22. Place lace on a simple stripped tee-shirt
Sew some lace to a striped shirt to make it seem new.
23. Add glitter to a pair of old flats
Following this tutorial you can turn into glitter loafers any pair of shoes.
24. DIY hair ties
By following the easiest instructions ever make your own beautiful hair ties.
25. Make a similar head wrap by knitting it yourself
Find the instructions and the pattern here.
27. DIY woven rope bracelets
Make your own woven rope bracelets with a few simple craft store supplies.. Instructions here.
32. Create a hybrid scarf-necklace
Using thrifted scarfs make a new one similar with the first displayed above.
34. Beaded chandelier earrings
Cheap supplies from the jewelry making section of a craft store and voila.